Member Benefits and Registration
If you're not a club member... become one today!! Or if you'd like to first, and haven't run with us yet, join us for a test run this coming weekend.
Your annual SFRRC membership gives you quite a bit to help you achieve your running goals & more:
Then, come run and train with us. Or just join us to get in better shape with some really good people. We have training plans for many marathons/races, but you don't need to be training for a marathon. The majority of our club members run with us on Saturdays (when they're able) only, but you always have the option to join us during the week too. If you're on another particular training plan/schedule, don't sweat it - you'll have runners to run with when you're free or need motivation on a long run.
Start getting our emails, run locations/details, race/store discounts, and more. Regardless, we'll encourage you just to get out there and run. And maybe, even enter a race this fall or next spring. Some will aim to qualify for Boston with us or train for one of the World Marathon Majors or another destination race or local race. It’s far more fun and tons easier with the San Francisco Road Runners. With
355 380 405 430 455+ members (over these last 12 months), and growing, of all ages and training pace groups from 7:30 min/mile to 11:00 min/mile (please take note that the 9min/mile groups and up do a 1 minute walk every 8 minutes), there are plenty at your speed.
- Saturday morning club runs (with ~75-100 runners) at various locations in San Francisco with distances from 3 to 24 miles
- SATURDAY CLUB RUNS: pace groups for runners from 7:30 to 11:00 minutes per mile, plus walk group
- SATURDAY CLUB RUNS: Explore the our beautiful city, plus routes with water fountains and bathrooms
- Monday strength & conditioning workouts
- Tuesday (track) workouts designed by RRCA, USATF, and VDOT O2 (Jack Daniels) certified coaches
- Super casual Wednesday fun runs in the Presidio (from Sports Basement) led by our Club Ambassadors
- Thursday group runs from the Ferry Building
- Sunday trail runs in Marin
- Twice annual supported (4 fuel spots with peanut M&M's, gels, electrolytes, pretzels, more) long runs to Tiburon, breakfast after at Sam's
- Professional photographers join us ~5 times during the year for our runs — all photos of you are free
- Training programs for many specific half and full marathons, and adjustable to any race
- Free SFRRC shirt and hat & opportunity to purchase club gear (visors, singlets, etc.)
- Lots of good/free swag from our sponsors
- Race discounts (15-20% off — or something generous like this — many running races in northern California and beyond)
- Shoes/Clothing discounts at large/national and local running stores
- Twice annual 20% off discount days on anything at Sports Basement (special scan code shared with club members)
- Club breakfasts (10 times/year) and social runs
- Quarterly Happy Hours
- Educational "Club Nights" throughout the year
- Weekly email newsletter with run details and upcoming events/sign-ups
- Access to "Members Only" parts of the website (training plans, run maps, member directory)
- Feel more a part of our Strava club/community page, since you'll know many of the people
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America
- A community of 400+ runners/club members from San Francisco and across the Bay Area
- Many opportunities for volunteering and giving back
All of these benefits are included with your annual membership.
New members: $150
Renewing members: $120
We strive to be a healthy and safe running community for our members. By joining, all members agree and abide by our Code of Conduct Policy.
Special thanks to all of our sponsors for supporting SFRRC! We're bringing on new sponsors and race discounts every few weeks in 2018. We'll keep you posted on our sponsors and club member discount page.