Member Benefits and Registration
If you're not a club member... become one today!! Or if you think you need to first, and haven't run with us yet, join us for a test run this weekend.
Below are some of the benefits included with your annual membership (one year from the day you register)
Then, come run and train with us. Or just join us to get in better shape with some really good people. We have training plans for many marathons/races, but you don't need to be training for a marathon. The majority of our club members run with us on Saturdays (when they're able) only, but you always have the option to join us during the week too. If you're on another particular training plan/schedule, don't sweat it - you'll have runners to run with when you're free or need motivation on a long run.
Start getting our emails, run locations/details, race/store discounts, and more. Regardless, we'll encourage you just to get out there and run. And maybe, even enter a race this fall or next spring. Some will aim to qualify for Boston with us or train for one of the World Marathon Majors or another destination race or local race. It’s far more fun and tons easier with the San Francisco Road Runners. With
355 395 435 475+ members (over these last 12+ months), and growing, of all ages and training pace groups from 7:30 min/mile to 11:00 min/mile (please take note that the 9min/mile groups and up do a 1 minute walk every 8 minutes), there are plenty at your speed.
New members: $150, Renewing Members: $120
- Saturday morning club runs (with ~75-100 runners) at various locations in San Francisco with distances from 3 to 24 miles
- Explore our beautiful city. Routes include stops of water fountains and bathrooms
- Pace groups for runners from 7:30 to 11:00 minutes per mile, plus a walk group
- Tuesday (track) workouts designed by RRCA, USATF, and VDOT O2 (Jack Daniels) certified coaches
- Super casual Wednesday fun runs in the Presidio (from Sports Basement) led by our Club Ambassadors
- Thursday group runs from the Ferry Building
- Sunday trail runs in Marin (beginning in late spring)
- Twice annual supported (4 fuel stops with gels, electrolytes, pretzels, peanut M&M's, more) long runs to Tiburon, breakfast after at Sam's
- Professional photographers join us occasionally during the year for runs — all photos of you are free
- Training programs for many specific half and full marathons, and adjustable to any race
- Free SFRRC shirt and hat & opportunity to purchase club gear (visors, singlets, etc.)
- Lots of good/free swag from our sponsors
- Race discounts (15-20% off — or something generous like this — for most major running races in northern California and beyond)
- Shoes/Clothing discounts at large/national and local running stores
- Twice annual 20% off discount days on anything at Sports Basement (special scan code shared with club members)
- Club breakfasts (10 times/year) and social runs
- Quarterly Happy Hours
- Educational "Club Nights" throughout the year
- Running Camp in Russian River area hopefully coming in 2019 (May is a time we're considering)
- "Running" Book Club debuting in January 2019 (first book: "Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance")
- Runner's World magazine subscription for members, starting in early 2019
- Weekly email newsletter with run details and upcoming events/sign-ups, Tuesday Track emails, etc.
- Access to "Members Only" parts of the website (training plans, run maps, member directory)
- Feel more a part of our Strava club/community page, since you'll know many of the people
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America (our parent organization)
- A community of 450+ runners/club members from San Francisco and across the Bay Area
- Many opportunities for volunteering and giving back
We strive to be a healthy and safe running community for our members. By joining, all members agree and abide by our Code of Conduct Policy.
** Special thanks to all of our sponsors for supporting SFRRC! We're bringing on new sponsors and race discounts quite often. We'll keep you posted on our sponsors/discounts via our and club member discount page, email, and social media. Thank you, everybody!